Outreach Volunteers Needed
PLEASE NOTE: You do need to be an AMTA professional member to offer massage at all volunteer events. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details and to volunteer.
Things to Know:Georgia Mission of Mercy
Friday-Saturday, June 14-15, 10-2 and 1-5
Our chapter has been invited to offer massage at the Georgia Mission of Mercy event at the North Atlanta Trade Center. We are looking for volunteers to provide seated or table massage to approximately 200 dentists and dental assistants who will be providing dental services to people who are homeless or living in shelters. Bring your table or massage chair. AMTA will provide face cradle covers, sanitizer, and paper towels. This event is open to all Georgia licensed massage therapists. Please contact Ben Glosson, Outreach Chair as well as going to the website below to register as an AMTA volunteer.
PLEASE NOTE: Massage therapists providing massage to dentists and dental assistants are not required to provide proof of inoculations.
There are 4 shifts for this event: Friday June 14th from 10-2 and 1-5 and June 15th from 10-2 and 1-5
Volunteer Registration will officially CLOSE on May 27. Please encourage anyone you know who is considering volunteering to complete their registration prior to this date.
1. All communication will be sent electronically. Please provide a valid unique e-mail address for each volunteer. We will NOT be hard copy mailing anything.
2. Due to liability issues, all volunteers must be 18 years of age or older. Sorry, no exceptions. Anyone involved directly with patient care and/or sterilization MUST have their hepatavax shots completed.
3. Be sure to indicate your correct volunteer type as this will customize the volunteer job opportunities available to you. If the jobs you are looking for aren't listed, it may be because you didn't select the correct volunteer type or you did not scroll down through all the options available for that day. Positions are available on a first come basis, thus it is possible the volunteer job position you are looking for is full. Please contact email@example.com with questions.
4. PLEASE BE FLEXIBLE and consider ALL available shifts. EVERY job at GMOM is important to the success of the project. Shifts fill on a first-come, first-served basis. You may sign up for two shifts per day if you desire. Once a shift is filled, it is filled. The sooner you register, the more choices for shift times and assignments.
Volunteers may choose their work preferences in the areas which are of interest and the times best suited to their schedules. Be sure to open each day, by clicking the + next to the day to see the shifts available to you for the day you checked; from here you will select the particular area in which you would like to work. Clinicians and Dental professionals are not required to select a clinical position and may choose to volunteer in another area where you feel your knowledge and expertise can be utilized in another way. Volunteer preferences cannot be guaranteed, but will be honored as closely as possible. Each shift has a maximum number of spaces.
5. The days are broken up into shifts. You may sign up for as many shifts as you like. If you are willing to work all day, please sign up for the morning and afternoon shifts. You will notice that there is a half hour overlap between most shifts, this is to allow for training and orientation for the incoming shift.
6. Some jobs require a significant amount of standing and walking, others are more sedentary. Please choose a position you would feel comfortable doing for at least 4-5 hours at a time. You may take a break as needed.
7. ALL Volunteers are encouraged to register for and attend the Volunteer Orientation on Thursday, June 13, 2013 at 6:30pm. Pizza and drinks will be available for volunteers that attend this evening. If you are unable to attend this orientation session, you will need to register for the Volunteer Orientation session on either Friday or Saturday that precedes your first desired shift time so that we can orient you with the GMOM process and your particular job responsibilities. Additional orientation materials will also be sent via email to all volutneers for their review prior to GMOM. There is NO orientation for Thursday shifts.
8. Dental assistants who wish to work together with a specific dentist need to indicate the dentist’s name in the “I will be working chairside with” field. Both the dentist and the assistant MUST complete an individual registration form.
9. Breakfast, lunch, and beverages will be provided onsite each day for volunteers. We are sorry, but we are not able to accomodate special dietary restrictions.
10. Information, including parking, lodging and other logistical information will be emailed in a series of volunteer newsletters leading up to the clinic. Please check your email often!
11. If you must edit your registration, please log back in using the password you created. Do not create a new or duplicate registration.
Please check www.georgiamissionofmercy.org if you have general questions about GMOM or for more information about any of the volunteer positions. If you need help registering or have specific questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- PROVIDE free access to dental care for 2,000 low- and no-income adults while placing a high priority on patients suffering from dental infections or pain.
- EDUCATE patients and family members in attendance about the importance of obtaining and maintaining optimal oral health.
- RAISE AWARENESS of the increasing difficulty low-income Georgia adults face in accessing critical dental care.
- CHALLENGE patients, policymakers, and dental professionals to work together to improve the oral health of those who have been promised care by the state.
We are honored to be assisting the generous professionals that are offering their services to those that need it most.
Bike MS: Cox Atlanta Ride 2013
Please check back frequently for more volunteer opportunities.
To volunteer, contact Ben Glosson at